CV – RESUME
Education and Training
- M.F.A., Set Design, L.A.B.A. Libera Accademia di Belle Arti (Brescia, Italy).
- Certificate for Set Design for the Cinema with the artist Lucio Pozzi and the director Franco Piavoli.
- BFA, in Set Design and Drama at L.A.B.A. University of Art (Brescia, Italy).
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships
- “Urban Shadows of Nature” public mural painting for “FIGMENT NYC 2015 TreeHouse Art Program” in Governors Island, NY.
- Third prize in photography, Florence-Shanghai, Shanghai, China.
- Finalist for “Under91 Project”, public mural painting public contest, sponsored by the City of New Haven, CT.
- Co-curator with Elinor Slomba for the show “U-phoria” presenting the work of the VAAG of the Art Council New Haven (Show dates: July 10- Oct 31; Reception Saturday, September 21, 3-5) at Whitney Center in New Haven, CT.
- Public mural painting “Urban Shadows of Nature” in Peoria, IL.
- Exhibition of “Doodles” at Governors Island Arts Fair in New York, NY curated by NYFA (New York Foundation for the Arts).
- Fellowship Van Lier in Architecture/Environmental Structure/Design, NYFA Mentoring Program for Artists, New York.
Artist-in-Residence at Prairie Center of the Arts in Peoria, IL.
- (March) Visiting artist during “Living Gallery” at AnnMarie Sculpture Garden and Arts Center, Solomon Island, MD.
- (Jan.-Feb.) Artist-in-Residence at Wassaic Artists Residency program in Wassaic, NY. 2012
- Artist-in-Residence at ArtSpace New Haven CT (one year long residency program).
Presenter visiting artist / juror / curator
- Juror for the selection process of the artists for the residency ArtGarda Residency Program.
- Fellow alumni and presenters for “public presentations workshop” lead by Rosemarie Fiore and Jonathan Cerullo, and organized/sponsored by NYFA.
- Presentation of Corte Moronati Artist-in-Residence program at Alberodonte venue for art and cultural events, in Ospitaletto (BS), Italy.
- Presentation of Corte Moronati Artist-in-residence program at LABA (libera accademia di belle arti), in Brescia, Italy.
- Visiting artist presenting “a conversation about Artist Residencies” at Bentara in New Haven, CT.
- Juror for the contest “Darfo in Fiore”, painting award and annual festival in Darfo (BS), Italy.
- Panelist for NYFA’s “CAFE for Artists, developement program for Art Leaders”.
- Participating in the selection process and Jury committee for the Artist in Residence Program 2013, Artspace, NH.
- Second round_Workshop “Turning Your Doodles into Personal Power Symbols.” at “The Grove” in New Haven, CT.
- Visiting professional, workshop “artist residencies” at LABA University of Fine Arts, Brescia, Italy. (Third year undergraduate), Italy.
- Visiting professional, workshop “Public Art Work” at LABA University of Fine Arts (Third year undergraduate), Italy.
- Mentor in “Mentoring Program for Immigrant Artists” organized by New York foundation for the Arts, Brooklyn NY.
- Workshop “Turning Your Doodles into Personal Power Symbols.” at “The Grove” in New Haven, CT.
- “Turning Your Doodles into Personal Power Symbols.” addressed to teachers and coach students at West Haven High School, in preparation for the event “Chalkville”, running for Guinness World Records, for the largest chalk art drawing on a pavement.
- Teaching Fellow for Wassaic Project at Webutuck High School, Amenia, NY.
- Workshop “Making with the Paper, a recycling experience” with students from Yale’s Explo summer program, at Artspace New Haven. (Creating copper wire structures and surfaces in Papier-Mache`).
- Workshop “Making with the Paper, a recycling experience”, during solo exhibition of Albano Morandi, ex Caserma Gnutti, (BS), Italy.
- Workshop Students of LABA University of Fine Arts (First year undergraduate), Italy.
- Artful Agilists exhibition in Sococo, curated by Elinor Slomba.
- Installation “Climbing ivy” in the show “Navigate Complexity”, co-curated by Elinor Slomba and Nathali Cerda, at “the Grove” New Haven, CT.
- Installation “Doodles” in view at Artspace NH in New Haven, CT.
- Group show “Pangea” sponsored by NYFA, during the “Dumbo Festival” in Brooklyn, NY.
- Silk screen print “Urban Shadows of Nature” and photograph “Back into Nature,Wassaic Waterfall” at Catalyst Small Works Show in Beacon, NY.
- Installation “Climbing ivy” site-specific installation for CWOS 2013, Goffe Armory in New Haven, CT.
- Silk screen print “Urban Shadows of Nature.#1” on view in the main exhibit at Artspace New Haven, CT.
- Sculpture “Sandwich Stereoscope” in view at “Sandwich Fever”, second year event organized by “Sandwich Club” and sponsored by Wassaic Project.
- Installation “Doodles” exhibited at the Islip Art Museum, NY. Group show curated by Beth Giacummo (June 16 – September 1, 2013).
- Exhibition of the site specific installation “Climbing Ivy, Wassaic” during the Summer Festival of Wassaic Project, in Wassaic NY.
- Photographs “Back into Nature_Wassaic Waterfall, Jan. 2013” at Greenpoint Gallery’s Spring Salon “People choice awards” show, Brooklyn NY.
- Window’s exhibition of the installation “Climbing ivy” for the show “The figure eight”, at the Artspace, New Haven CT.
- Installation “Doodles” during MARK on MAIN in Catskill, NY sponsored by NYFA.
- Installation “Follow the Butterfly” and “Theridion” at AnnMarie Sculpture Garden and Art Center in Salomon, MD.
- Installation “Follow the Butterfly” and “A piece of Nature” at Danbury Museum, CT.
- Installation “Theridion” during the show “After the Machines” at Six Summit Gallery in Ivoyton CT.
- Installation “Soffioni Flowers” (dandelion) and “Climbing ivy” at the New Haven Register’s temporary exhibition space, New Haven CT.
- Painting “Doodles”, mixed media on plexiglass, during “Screen Test” Annual Gala Art Auction presented by Artspace New Haven.
- Installation “Doodles”, at “Project Storefront” exhibition in storefront in vacant building, to requalify the city of New Haven, CT.